HOW ABOUT YOU?
Before I start to talk about myself, lets see if any of these sound true for you.
You’re in the right place if…
- You have always felt you were meant to do something greater
- You feel overwhelmed and need to change your current life, but doubt, fear and overwhelm leave you feeling stuck.
- You gave it your all for your dream job and failed…felt unfulfilled
- You had the courage to love somebody and suffered heartbreak?
- You are questioning your career, relationships and choices not based upon financial security but rather on your own sense of life purpose.
- You are going through a transition; faced loss, a disappointment and need a supportive, nurturing, safe environment to integrate and move into a empowered place.
- You feel like you’re living at a frenzied pace leaving you frazzled and stressed.
- You feel like you are wandering through life, feeling like something is missing or your balance is ‘off’.
- You are curious about learning more about your personality types through indicators or your astrological chart
- You feel cranky, irritable, or tired and (want to learn how to change your mood with food. (are a candidate to change your mood with food).
- You want to cultivate a spiritual daily practice.
If these sound true for you, I want you to know that even though you may feel alone, know that many people in your circumstances need support considering the many challenges you may be facing. You don’t have to keep putting yourself last, caring for everyone else before you take care of yourself.
MORE THERAPEUTIC CHOICES MEANS THE BEST RESULTS FOR YOU
Since you consider embarking on this journey together, you may wonder what makes me qualified to help you. I use tools and questioning that put you in the driver’s seat of your life. My insight will help you explore issues such as relationships, life changes, grief or loss, anxiety, trauma, wellness and career paths. While my life and work experiences are varied and diverse, these are just some of the concrete pieces that qualify me to help you: transpersonal therapy, intuitive coaching and mindful nourishment. If you are interested in reading more about my services
MORE CHOICE ACCELERATES THE THERAPEUTIC PROCESS
I like to begin with an open mind. We can draw from many different sources. We can explore your thoughts, your inner talk and daily chatter. Discovering emotions may help sort out your inner feelings such as sadness, fear, anger, guilt or shame. We can follow your intuition for a transpersonal journey into your subconscious, home to our dreams, our inner child and our spirit or higher self. We can also work with your behavior and actions to identify what may impede your growth and livelihood in order to remove blocks that limit your potential.
There isn’t a “one size fits all” approach to Therapy. Our sessions will fit be designed to address you as a whole-your mind, body and spirit. On one hand I have conversations about thoughts and behaviors. On the other, I utilize a psychospiritual and humanistic approach. My personal life experiences, struggles and growth are what lead me to become the therapist I am today. As a psychotherapist I became fascinated with how the nervous system works, specifically the effects of anxiety and trauma on body, mind and spirit.
Psychotherapist and Intuitive Coach
Create positive changes in mind, body and spirit moving forward with fewer emotional side effects
I like to read and to travel. I embrace nature as a powerful teacher and enjoy spending time hiking, running, and traveling to beautiful places. I am an American Red Cross Disaster Mental Health Responder; worked in the virtual covid response efforts and served as a Volunteer with the Soldier’s Project providing counseling to military family members.
On a personal note, I have been described as warm, easy to talk to, open-minded and able to sense what other may be thinking and feeling. I share my deep knowledge about the brain in a way that helps others make positive changes. To me, that sounds almost too good to be true! Judge for yourself, do with it what you will!
I have written and given talks about the human-animal bond and pet bereavement. I noticed when I wrote the book Life, Death, Dog: Between This Pet and the Next that the grief process for my dog felt different than the grief for a family member that died around the same time. I found myself confused about the way I grieved my dog and why it felt like I was ‘more sad’ about my dog than my family member. In writing about my bond and how deeply I was connected to our dog growing up and why, I found peace and acceptance about the way I mourned these special beings in my life.
Here are some concrete pieces that qualify me to help you:
- I am a licensed Mental health counselor in the States of Washington, Arizona and Vermont.
- I got my PhD in Clinical Psychology from Saybrook Graduate School.
- I got my MA in Counseling Psychology from Vermont College.
- I completed certification as an Integrated Mental Health Nutrition Counselor and Ketogenic Diets for Mental Health Clinician.
- I have studied mind-body medicine for 30 years and have myself recovered from thyroiditis.
- I worked as a college counselor at Central Washington University.
- I am currently a Disaster Mental Health Responder with the Red Cross.
- I completed training and certification in EMDR and IBSR, Hypnosis, Energy and Body focused techniques, Archetypal imagery and meditation.
- I studied under Astrologer Jessica Murray in San Francisco, California.
- I interned at the Sexual Assault Crisis team, counseling women who survived childhood and/or adult sexual assault and rape.
- I interned at the Alcohol Crisis Center counseling men and women with addiction.
- I have training from the Touch for Health Kinesiology center.
- I’m from the Chicago area, but have lived on the East, West Coasts and I now have family in Europe.
- I’ve traveled throughout Western Europe, Southeast Asia, India, Egypt, Russia, the Caribbean, and the U.S.
- I have taught over 30 psychoeducational courses at community centers.
- I’ve attended Diversity & Inclusion conferences.
- I am a current member of Arizona Friends of Jung and Rhine Education Center for parapsychology.
- I have reflected upon and practiced various forms of meditation integrating chakras, sound and sacred geometry for over thirty years.
- I’ve studied the major religions of the world both on my own and in school settings.
- I work with both Eastern and Western models of health (and try to take the best parts of each one!).
- Eclectic in my orientation, Jungian, Rogerian, Transpersonal, Gestalt, Humanistic and Object relations theories inform my work.
- Other influences to name a few: Bessel Van der Kolk, Echhart Tolle, Louise Hay, Brene Brown, Pema Chodron.